Something is in the air, I can't put my finger on it, but I am feeling quite inspired. Although, I am not sure what I am inspired about, but I definitely feel a sense of euphoria, optimism, and hope for the new year. Maybe I'm still drunk on champagne....
No, but seriously, I didn't think I'd enjoy this past holiday season as much as I did. Now, friends and family back home don't take this the wrong way. The past two Christmases have been tough spending them in foreign lands with people I hardly knew. This year was a nice change back to making plans rather than hoping I'd get adopted by some family. After a year, I am touched by the emails, calls, cards, Facebook holiday wishes from you peeps back home. I miss the days of auld lang syne.
So 2009, it feels like I've walked through a new door, but I'm still in the same room. Already I am seeing more people jogging on the street today; those high achievers and their new year's resolutions. I haven't quite decided what this year's priorities will be, other than I'd like to keep this warm and fuzzy feeling of riding on a cloud I have as long as I can. For the sake of tradition, I will jot some down, in no particular order with liberty to amend at any point during the year, of course.
- Sailing (I live down the street from a yacht club, could it be any easier?)
- More golf (hopefully improve enough that I'll want to bring my set over)
- More crazy adventures
- Kickboxing? (I bruise like a peach)
- Less time wasted on wondering/over-analyzing. No bull. Listen to the good little voice.
- Don't stop believing and hold on to the feeling (Yes, I just quoted Journey)
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment