is saying good bye to San Diego. I moved out of my apartment two days ago, after the excitement of the fires. I didn't have time to feel nostalgic leaving Del Mar because everything was so rushed. Now, after the packing and moving, the reality of my impending departure is upon me. I equate the feeling to moving out of the college apartment after graduation since I have spent about the same amount of time here. You're relieved you don't have to live in a state of squalor with roommates anymore, yet the uncertainty of your next new home is not necessarily a comforting thought.
I came to San Diego knowing only one person. My initial impression of the city was dominated by the few trips to Sea World as a child and again in high school. Basically I knew nothing about San Diego and all it had to offer except for Shamu and his crew. Then I moved into a 3-bedroom apartment and started working at HSBC. Both introduced me to great groups of people that makes leaving town somewhat tearful (and I say somewhat because I'm not actually admitting to crying). I hope I am lucky enough to meet people half as wonderful as all of you.
Is this really happening? It feels like a really, really,really, ridiculously long dream that I am lost in.
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can totally understand your mixed feelings. All normal! But gosh, you had a great few years in SD and now you are on to bigger and better things! Your experience in Australia is going to be fabulous! Have a blast and keep us updated along the way! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment