Saturday, August 29, 2009

Random Thoughts

I was slicing open a lemon and noticed this particular lemon had quite a lot of seeds. My mind naturally wondered, how did that happen? What would cause so many seeds in one lemon? Of course, the first answer that came to mind was that it was a slutty lemon. Just had to put this one out there....

I've been getting some ambiguous texts from members of the opposite sex. They appear to be checking in texts except, we're not a couple nor are we dating. The contents are pretty inconsequential, kind of like John Mayer's Twitter updates. I am tempted to reply with, "Please state the purpose of your text going forward." But instead, I reply with more asinine content.

I was just told by someone of similar ethnic background that my cultural heritage brings her "comfort."

I'm racking my brain for outside-of-work social activities that everyone can enjoy, even without alcohol. Speed Jenga comes to mind, but that would require some work on my part. Then I thought, but who doesn't like drinking? Unless you are deathly allergic. I think non-drinkers may have missed a crucial developmental stage in their lives. I would certainly make sure my kids drank and are strong beer pong contenders, That is, once they have reached legal drinking age.

I was having a pretty Australian day, i.e. I thought I was starting to sound more Aussie. I was doing the inflections and pronouncing some of the words just a bit more funny. My buzz was killed when an Aussie came up to me and point blank asked me if I was American because they could detect my accent. It's odd to be told that I have an accent when it used to be that I didn't have an accent, even though English is my second language.

No comments: