Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Next Big Thing

With Australia Day, Chinese New Year, and birthday in a long weekend trifecta I thought I'd be way more excited, but I'm not. In fact, even the historic inauguration has left me somewhat unstirred. Apathy has replaced the new year gusto felt only weeks ago. What just happened?

Perhaps it's the inevitability of time that's got me down. Part of me wonders what I will have to show when I hit the next milestone, makes me feel like I have to make this year count, but how? It will only fly by faster than I can even pick up a bad habit. Why bother? I am waiting for something big to hit me, other than a bus, but I know that is not the way to live life. On the upside, at least I have no desire to find Jesus or buy an obnoxious car. I think I will see how my haircut goes on Sunday and reassess at that point.

1 comment:

acl said...

ooh, i never even considered finding jesus as an option. me likey more than mid-life crises.