Thursday, November 6, 2008
Doo-doo, Doo--do-do, I'm Luvin it!
Okay, bear with me. this is going to be a rant and rave fest. First off, God bless America for the gift of 24-hours McDonalds. Although, I did have to wait 5 minutes, which was nearly an eternity in fast food time, to even order my supper (aka post happy hour dinner); I got my food in less than a minute. And just think, without the same entrepreneur (translation: greedy) mindset like the banks in the sub-prime business, we would never have such a convenient and crucial luxury as eternally available affordable fast food. That, my friend, is the American Dream. It is not the entitlement to something, but rather, having the opportunity to capitalize on something. I think,that is where the confusion lies in what the true American Dream is. Too many people think that being American comes with entitlement, when in fact being American really means having opportunity. You have the opportunity to make something of yourself. You do NOT, however, have any preferential treatment to anything, including affordable housing. It is simple laws of nature at work, social Darwinism. I know that if I end up homeless on the streets, I cannot blame anyone but myself. There is always McDonalds even when I hit rock bottom, whether for comfort food or a job. It is my choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment