Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Can Breathe Again

So I know my last entry said I'd get internet access the following week...and I so didn't.

BUT, I HAVE IT NOW!

Might I add I got it well under the one month lag, not too shabby for a procrastinator. Now my fingertips are happily dancing across the much neglected laptop keyboard. Ahhhh...internet cafe may get me part of the high but there's always the time constraint, and unfortunately I do not work that well under pressure. I do my best work in slow motion, Matrix style, just like yoga in cyberspace.

Let me recount the many things I missed about having my own internet connection

- Free ITunes downloads!
- No scrubby internet cafe chairs/keyboards/monitors/patrons
- No contracting viruses or worms via USB
- AIM!!!
- Personal email
- Bloggie
- Facebook
- The unflattering glow of my laptop LCD illuminating my features
- Internet shopping
- Surfing the net
- Reaching out and touching you, cyberspacially speaking
- Back to my old habits

I guess that's it, I so thought there was so much more to the internet... I suppose I can't complain. Imagine if there was no email or phone, I would lose touch with all of you completely given to my procrastinating lazy ways. I would get inspired to write a letter and it would probably take me at least a month to get around to mailing it. Then tack on another week of transit time, assuming it does not get lost in the mail, it would be really old and unexciting news by the time you get it. So huzzah for the internet!

1 comment:

Joe LaGreca said...

You left out:
Internet speed dating

Glad your back online.