Now that I am down to the wire, I am doing a last minute hair dye job before I board the plane. I will probably regret this as I will stink of Garnier hair dye on the plane. But maybe that will guarantee no one will sit next to me.
Usually when I am about to take a plane ride I dread the possible plane crash by statistic not terrorists. Today, that thought hasn't even crossed my mind because I am more worried about the extra four pounds I have in my luggage. Well, now it has, but it doesn't stress me out as much as it used to. In fact, if that did happen, I might be slightly relieved because that meant I didn't have to move to Oz. Is that twisted or stupid? Probably both.
So I am trying to think of stupid things to keep up the spirits and courage. No cry baby at the airport. Be strong. Be strong. I really wonder how I will bee on the other side of the world once I get there. After all, the toilets do flush the other way. It's neither bad nor good, just different. Perhaps that is how I will feel as I eat Kangaroo steaks...it's different, but it tastes just like chicken.
(It may be a few days before I can update my progress once I get there. I'm not even sure if my apartment will have electricity or running water hooked up. I know phone and internet definitely are NOT available.)
Usually when I am about to take a plane ride I dread the possible plane crash by statistic not terrorists. Today, that thought hasn't even crossed my mind because I am more worried about the extra four pounds I have in my luggage. Well, now it has, but it doesn't stress me out as much as it used to. In fact, if that did happen, I might be slightly relieved because that meant I didn't have to move to Oz. Is that twisted or stupid? Probably both.
So I am trying to think of stupid things to keep up the spirits and courage. No cry baby at the airport. Be strong. Be strong. I really wonder how I will bee on the other side of the world once I get there. After all, the toilets do flush the other way. It's neither bad nor good, just different. Perhaps that is how I will feel as I eat Kangaroo steaks...it's different, but it tastes just like chicken.
(It may be a few days before I can update my progress once I get there. I'm not even sure if my apartment will have electricity or running water hooked up. I know phone and internet definitely are NOT available.)
1 comment:
Safe travels!
Post a Comment